Muscular Dystrophy is a genetic or inherited disorder of the muscles. Due to muscular dystrophy, the muscles become very weak. It can lead to muscles break down and are replaced with fatty acids over the period of time. Muscular dystrophy is seen in infants or usually visible in middle age or later. According to the statistics, around 3500 boys out of 5000 are born with this disease. Some of the most common disease associated with muscular dystrophy is:
- Cardiomyopathy, or heart muscle problem.
- Scoliosis- an individual’s vertebrae is lean from the sideways, giving an appearance of the leaned body.
- The major change in the body that occurs is obesity.
How Muscular Dystrophy is genetic or inherited:
Muscular Dystrophy is an illness caused by the abnormalities in the genes or chromosomes. Variations in DNA can cause a gene defect which affects its function, which may be basic to affect its own generations.
Symptoms of Muscular Dystrophy:
Symptoms of this disease can cause during childhood, but may be visible in the middle age. The signs and symptoms are as follows:
- Early signs may be the enlargement of the calf and detailed muscles and it can clearly visible while the patient stands or inability to use the staircase.
- Hips and knees are locked at 90 degrees and feet turn downward and inward in an exaggerated position.
- The most common inability is patient’s mental impairment.
- Contraction of muscles, which can lead the patient to use a wheel chair.
Treatment involved in Muscular Dystrophy:
Muscular Dystrophy Treatment in India is one of the treatments in India, which is visible in the later stages but it should start from the very first sign or symptom when visible. Some of the treatments that are involved:
- Physical therapists- joints are kept as loose as possible.
- Bracing- proper use of bracing, delay child’s progression to wheelchair by 2 year approx.
Clinicounselors is the one specialized in Muscular Dystrophy Treatment in India, and provides a unique facility of the e – clinic, where a patient can book an online appointment through Skype video conferencing. An expert physician will attend the patient to move ahead with the patient’s symptoms, which will help the patient to treat the disease as soon as possible.