New to computer…clueless, helpless? Don’t know how to type fast? Here are the 5 tips which can help you in your endeavor to work fast on computer:
1) Accuracy: Try to be more accurate at the initial level. Type slow, but practice typing correct. The first tip is to learn how to be accurate first than to improve speed. This is because of the fact that if you make mistakes all the time, it will take longer time for you to type. Every time you make backspace will make you sit longer for work.
2) Practice: The new users should get used to the home keys work to the point. You should be so much used to the keyboard that you do not need to look what you are typing, or your fingers on the keyboard. So for new typists: Practice is the key mantra.
Similarly, for advanced typists, the mantra also remains to be the same; that is Practice. However, he/she should develop muscle memory for typing certain types of commonly used letter parings. Identify the combinations of letters for words that you find difficult and practice typing them.
So, in short, practice correctly. Get rid of bad typing habits and replace them with good ones.
3) Stretching: When you feel a little sore on your fingers or knuckles, put your arms up high, and then start wriggling your fingers. If your knuckles hurt, just put your left hand into a fist and do the same with the right.
4) Know your keyboard: Familiarize yourself with the keyboard. If you can map the keyboard in your mind, you won’t need to look away from the screen to locate the key. This would also minimize time wasted between getting your thoughts onto the screen before losing them.
5) Rhythm: It is important to develop a rhythm, not to hurry, but to be accurate. Speed will come naturally with practice and time.